Welcome to the Masjid As-Salam
The Masjid As-Salam of Albany, New York is a non-profit, non-political, religious and educational institute. Masjid As Salam parent organization is NAIT (North American Islamic Trust). The purpose of the masjid is to advance the teachings of Islam according to the Holy Qur’an and the sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and to serve the Muslim community in upstate New York. We also hope to serve as a bridge between the Muslim and non-Muslim communities here in the tri-city area to promote mutual learning and understanding. Masjid As-Salam was founded in 2000.
With the objectives of (a) providing services to the Muslim community and (b) bringing together the Muslim and non-Muslim communities in the area, the Masjid As-Salam does the following:
- Holds congregational prayers and Islamic religious ceremonies at proper times.
- Conducts marriages and wedding services.
- Provides funeral services (janaza prayers) and access to a Muslim cemetery.
- Holds fast-breaking dinners and night prayers during the month of Ramadan.
- Advances Islamic education through regular classes and special programs.
- Participates in a variety of community service activities, including clothing.
- The mosque is open for all five daily prayers, at the times on the right.
Everyone is welcome to attend these prayer services.
The North American Islamic Trust - NAIT
The North American Islamic Trust (NAIT) is a waqf, the historical Islamic equivalent of an American trust or endowment, serving Muslims in the United States and their institutions. NAIT facilitates the realization of American Muslims’ desire for a virtuous and happy life in a Shari’ah-compliant way. NAIT is a not-for-profit entity that qualifies as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. NAIT was established in 1973 in Indiana by the Muslim Students Association of U.S. and Canada (MSA), the predecessor of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA). NAIT supports and provides services to ISNA, MSA, their affiliates, and other Islamic centers and institutions.