nikah – marriage services
Allah says in Qur’an, “And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.” 30:21
Nikah is an act worship. In Islam Nikah is an agreement and contract between husband and wife in accordance to the Qur’an and Sunnah of the Holy Prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon Him).
The following are the requirements in order to get your Nikah conducted by Masjid As-Salam:
- Mutual agreement (Ijab-O-Qubul) by the bride and the groom
- Presence of two Muslim witnesses and a guardian (wali) for the bride
- Marriage license from the local county (72 hours waiting time before Nikah ceremony, license must be valid for 30 days)
- Mahr (marriage-gift) to be paid by the groom to the bride either immediately (muajjal) or deferred (muakhkhar), or a combination of both and Bride and Groom must agree on Mahar.
- Photo ID of bride, groom, and witnesses
- Imam will sign the official marriage certificate on the day of nikkah.
- Both Bride and Groom must be muslims.
- One or Two pre marrige /post marriage counseling session is recommended